Check out our NEW Almaguin “Local” League!
As you may or may not have known, House League has undergone many great changes in the past couple of years; A new Interlock schedule, a new identity, a fresh “coat of paint”, and now... a new name!
Welcome to our new and improved
ALMAGUIN MINOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION LOCAL LEAGUE!!
Below is a brief synopsis from the past year where Local League is concerned, as well as a few noteworthy points as we continue to move forward toward an exciting 2014-15 season. Thank you again to all our volunteers for your hard work.
· Congratulations to Pee Wee goalie Jordan Watt and Bantam forward Noah Haggart on winning this past season's Junior and Senior Joe Martin Award, given annually to the house league players from each level who best exemplify "passion, commitment and a dedication to the game of hockey". Good job boys, well deserved.
· This season we were able to ice HL teams in three divisions; Atom, Pee Wee and Bantam.
· 2013-14 saw increased play and a more formalized Interlock program with Huntsville and South Muskoka.
· Parry Sound teams were added to our schedule of games outside of Interlock and they played twice in Almaguin vs Atom and once vs Bantam.
· With minimal bumps and a few tweaks, we were able to introduce a set schedule for HL teams with practice the same night each week, and play on Saturdays or the odd Sunday all season long.
· All teams were invited to play in the South Muskoka Jamboree in December, with Almaguin winning the Bantam division.
· Atom and Bantam participated in the Huntsville Otterfest tournament, with Almaguin again winning the Bantam division. By all accounts, all involved had a great time at both tournaments.
· Both the Atom and Bantam HL teams played fun and exciting games vs respective Almaguin Gazelle teams.
· This season saw us combine our Jr. and Sr. programs into one year-end banquet to positive reviews.
· Our Bantam HL team competed in the East Nipissing Windup Tournament in Astorville this past March.
2014-15 and beyond
· We are continuing our Interlock schedule with Huntsville and South Muskoka at the LL level and continue to formalize the process.
· The hope is that registration continues to remain or ideally, grow. We are hopeful of icing competitive teams in each of the Atom, Pee Wee, Bantam AND Midget local league divisions each season if we are able.
· We will continue to explore tournament opportunities for each of our LL levels.
· Hope for the coming season is that a set, season-long schedule for local league can be accomplished.
· We hope to continue to add additional games outside of local league with centres such as Parry Sound.
New volunteers are needed for the upcoming season!
Thank you once more, for what we feel was a learning curve and stepping stone, but very
successful House League season. Excitement is as high as ever about our AMHA local league