Registration FAQs (Almaguin Minor Hockey)

PrintRegistration FAQs


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How and where do I register?
Please click here to be redirected to the Registration Page.

2) Can I make a payment through e-transfer?

Yes you can use e-transfer to pay for hockey registration.

Please send your etransfer to [email protected]
This email address is setup to automatically deposit your e-transfer into the AMHA bank account - no need to set a question or password.

Please include the player(s) names in the message section. Failure to include the player(s) name(s) may delay processing the player's registration as we attempt to match e-transfers to players.

3) Hockey can be expensive, are there options for financial assistance?
If you are in need of financial assistance, you may click here and be directed to some organizations that may be of help.

4) Is there anything I need to do before my child can play?
There is a mandatory Parent Respect in Sport course at least one parent/guardian must complete before your player(s) can be assigned to a team.
There is a cost for this course and is the responsibility of the family, takes a couple of hours (may be completed in multiple sessions if you choose), is only available online and is not reimbursable.  If you have more than one player in your immediate family this course only needs to be completed once, you can link your other players to your profile.  This course does not expire.  Please click here for information and link to start the course.

5) Where will my child be playing hockey?
Our Almaguin Minor Hockey Association plays out of three centres: Burk's Falls, Sundridge and South River.  We normally use all of the arenas for practices and home games.  

6) What days will my child play?
We do not know what our registrations numbers will be until everyone registers so we do not know how many teams we will have in each division.  Our scheduling is done at a later date.  We will make every effort to get a schedule out as early as possible to at least let you know which days your player(s) can be expected to be on the ice.
Registration opens in early spring and this assists the association to try and gather registration numbers sooner and help our planning.

7) What equipment is my player required to wear?
Mandatory Required CSA Approved Equipment is as follows:
~Neck Guard
~Mouth Guard
~Jock or Jill Strap
~Shoulder Pads
~Elbow Pads
~Knee / Shin Pads
~Hockey Pants
~Hockey Skates
~Hockey Gloves
~Hockey Stick

8) If I am moving to the area, how do I register?
Whether your intention is to play in the Local League system or Rep program, you will need to complete and submit a player transfer form in order for your player to be rostered to a team.

If you are moving from an OMHA centre, please complete this form: OMHA Residential Transfer

If you are moving from outside the OMHA, such as GTHL or NOHL, you will need to complete this form: OHF_Residential_Move_Player_Transfer_Form